Kent T. Brandmeyer is a founding partner of Law + Brandmeyer, LLP, specializing in medical malpractice, managed care liability and general liability.
Kent’s skills in defending clients in court were cultivated long before he graduated from law school. The son of a lawyer, Kent’s talents emerged early in life. Debating issues was simply a natural dinner conversation and part of the family dynamic.
From this humble beginning, Kent has cultivated a 25-year law practice, which continues to grow. Today, he stands up in court to defend the interests of physicians, nurses, HMOs, public entities and individuals. Each enjoys his dedicated services as their vigorous trial advocate.
Early in his career, Kent sought the challenge of defending medical malpractice cases. This is where he learned to love the intellectual work that is required at the intersection of medicine and law. Each of Kent’s more than 75 trials to verdict has contributed to his collective body of trial experience. That experience was hard-earned and informs his counsel on a daily basis in the many matters he handles for his clients.
- 1988 – Obtained a Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- 1985 – Graduated from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English
Awards & Recognition
- Lectures on trial practices risk management in today’s complex litigious environment; recently showcased his skills in a mock trial seminar, “Learn from the Masters”
- Selected by his peers as a “Southern California Super Lawyer”
- Rated AV (preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell
- Featured in Pasadena Magazine as a “Top Attorney”
- Member of American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation-only organization of elite trial attorneys
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Physician Insurers Association of America
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Pasadena Bar Association